Here's some tips for limiting plastic when you are eating and drinking on the go this Plastic Free July.
When Eating Out:
- Take your own containers when ordering takeaways from somewhere that uses plastic (eg Indian), even find a takeaway joint that used eco friendly packaging
- Take your own container/s to restaurants for any leftovers
- Carry reusable utensils such as bamboo or your own stainless steel cutlery from home.
Drinking on the Go:
- Carry a stainless steel travel mug or water bottle with you at all times
- If you forget your travel mug when ordering a coffee ask for 'no lid'
- Say no to a straw when ordering cold drinks.
Snacking on the Go:
- When ordering icecream choose a cone over a tub
- Look for a local sausage sizzle
- Buy from bakeries, cafes, etc that use paper as opposed to plastic bags
- Take snacks in a non plastic container or wrap them in honey wraps.