A combination of citrus, ginger, turmeric, lemon, honey and bee pollen make the perfect flu tonic!
Bee pollen, turmeric and ginger are three powerful immune boosters that and are combined here with the vitamin C from the citrus. Add to this combo the antibacterial properties of honey and you have a top-notch flu fighter!
Make time: 5 mins | Makes: 1 large glass | Equipment required: blender
- ⅓ medium carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cm piece fresh turmeric
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger
- ½ orange, peeled
- ½ lime, peeled
- ¼ grapefruit, peeled
- ¼ lemon, peeled
- 1 tsp Sweetree raw honey
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ tsp Sweetree bee pollen
- Place all the ingredients but the bee pollen in high speed blender and blend until smooth, around 1 minute.
- Pour into a large glass and top with bee pollen.
If your blender can't break up the carrot, try adding carrot juice instead. Alternatively try sieving the smoothie before drinking to discard the chunky bits.
This recipe is courtesy of Little Bird Organics & The Unbakery
, for more plant based recipes check out their great website