- 2 lemons
- 2 cm root ginger
- 10 - 20 ml high-quality Echinacea tincture*
- clove of garlic (optional)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Sweetree raw honey
- Grate rind of lemons and ginger root, crush garlic, and pour 1 litre of boiling water over and leave to steep for 10 minutes (or longer).
- Add lemon juice and strain.
- Add Echinacea and honey, stir to dissolve.
- Drink the entire brew over the course of a day. Keep it in a thermos to keep it warm.
Note:Use less Echinacea if you want a preventative brew, and a higher dose if you feel you are coming down with a cold or flu or you already have one.
You can also add more garlic, just chew parsley to get the smell off your breath. (Parsley is also high in vitamin C for fighting infections).
* You can get Echinacea from most health shops, pharmacies, your local herbalist or herbal dispensary.
Created by Helen Donnison- Medical Herbalist and Naturopath, Hamilton