This month's 'Sustainable Me Challenge' is to grow something. Most of our produce is trucked, shipped or flown and it accumulates greenhouse gas emissions with every kilometre travelled. To help our environment we should at least buy local, where we can, and grow some of our own food.
Here's What The Challenge Suggests:
Step it up: Plant something. Start with strawberries, lettuce, spinach, herbs, etc
Want more? Grow more! Challenge yourself t grow something new or grow everything you need for an entire meal. Or if you're already a keen gardener help someone else set up a garden.
Every little bit helps!
See the OSOF website to read more tips
Read more about:
- The Sustainable Me Challenge
- January Challenge - reducing one use plastic
- February Challenge - drive less
- March Challenge - reduce personal care product footprint
- April Challenge - preserve fresh produce
- May Challenge - reduce energy usage
- June Challenge - reduce non-recyclable paper tissue waste
- July Challenge - reduce plastic use
- August Challenge - reduce water use
- September Challenge - reduce harsh chemicals in our homes
- October Challenge - eat less meat.