Wow, time is flying and I've just realised I haven't blogged about the 'Sustainable Me Challenge' for a while!
October's challenge was to eat less meat! Kiwi's love meat, we are ranked 11th per capita for meat consumption. We eat on average 106kgs per year. And the problem? The problem is that high levels of meat consumption impacts both our environment and our health.
Here's What The Challenge Suggests:
Beginner: Join the Meat Free Monday campaign by eating vegetarian one day per week.
Step it up: Give up meat 3 or 4 days per week.
Want more? Try going fully vegetarian, mmm not sure how well that will go down in our house!
I think that if we can just be more conscious about how much meat we are eating, cut down on its consumption each meal and have at least 1 meatless meal a week it will make a different!
See the OSOF website to read more tips
Read more about:
- The Sustainable Me Challenge
- January Challenge - reducing one use plastic
- February Challenge - drive less
- March Challenge - reduce personal care product footprint
- April Challenge - preserve fresh produce
- May Challenge - reduce energy usage
- June Challenge - reduce non-recyclable paper tissue waste
- July Challenge - reduce plastic use
- August Challenge - reduce water use
- September Challenge - reduce harsh chemicals in our homes.