Bee Friendly Pink Wildflower Seed Mix (2g)
All proceeds from this pink themed mix goes to the Breast Cancer Foundation of New Zealand (BCFNZ), for breast cancer research, support and education. This mix supports bees by providing pollen and nectar over an extended period. Sow directly in a sunny area from spring to autumn. Mix will self-seed freely. Height 20-60cm.
Pink mixture contains
- Lavender Hyssop—Agastache foeniculum
- Queen Anne's Lace—Ammi majus
- Farewell to Spring: Godetia—Clarkia amoena
- Chinese Houses—Collinsia heterophylla
- Cosmos—Cosmos Bipinnatus
- Birds Eyes—Gilia tricolor
- Baby's Breath—Gypsohila elegans
- Rose Mallow—Lavatera trimestris
- Toadflax—Linaria marocanna
- Mountain Phlox—Linanthus grandiflorus
- Sweet Alyssum—Lobularia maritima
- Virginia Stock—Malcomia maritima
- Five Spot—Nemophila maculata
- Showy Primrose—Oenothera speciosa
- Corn Poppies—Papaver rhoeas
- Wild Pink snapdragon—Penstemon palmeri
- Purple Tansy—Phacelia tanacetifolia
- Nodding Catchfly—Silene Pendula
- Moss verbena—Verbena tenuisecta
Free NZ postage!
Without bees, our gardens would be without many of their plants and flowers, and our major agri-export industries (worth around $5 billion) would be in severe trouble and a huge 2/3 of our food would disappear! The 2/3 of our produce that depend on honey bees for pollination provide 35% of our calories, most of our minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. What would happen to our nutrient food intake and in turn our health if our bees disappeared? Albert Einstein said “If the Bee Disappeared Off the Face of the Earth, Man Would Only Have Four Years Left To Live".
New Zealand bees are increasingly threatened with the long-term effects of varroa mite and other new diseases. Added to this is the misuse of pesticides that affect bees in gardens and on farms, the loss of habitat for shelter and the lack of flowers for bee food.