This is a yummy and healthy snack for the family, great in school lunches and tramping. It's full of natural goodness.
- 1 cup of puffed amaranth
- 1 cup of coconut
- 1¼ cups of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of sliced almonds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup of dried cranberries
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup sliced apricots
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Sweetree Bee Pollen
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together
- Melt 200g butter with 3 Tblspns of agave syrup & Sweetree honey (I used Marokopa Spring) and mix through the dry ingredients with a beaten egg.
- Press into a greased baking dish and bake at 180 C for 30 minutes.When cool drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Quinoa & Amaranth are high in protein, fibre and iron.
- Chia seeds are also high in protein but also omega 3 & 6.
- Cranberries are packed with antioxidants.
- Bee pollen contains heaps of minerals & vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, etc.
- This slice is gluten free if you consider oats gluten free (everyone has their own opinion on this!)
- It’s also low in fat and sugar, but best of all it’s YUM.
Created by Chef - Vicki Ravlich-Horan (Nourish Magazine)