This recipe is so decadent! And the great thing is it lasts for months in the fridge. Great treat to have on hand and healthy with the bee pollen added.
- 50g butter
- 155g evaporated milk
- 375g castor sugar
- 2g salt
- 280g dark chocolate
- 100g hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp Irish whisky
- 6 tbsp Irish Baileys cream
- 1 tbsp ground coffee granules
- 2 tbsp dried bee pollen granules
- Toast the whole hazelnuts over a high heat in a dry pan until golden brown but not burnt. Cool and lightly crush in a food processor or put them into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Boil butter, milk, sugar, salt, whiskey and Irish Baileys over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Stir through the chocolate and coffee until it starts to thicken
- Fold in the hazelnuts and pour into a loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Smooth with the back of a spoon and sprinkle over the crushed bee pollen granules. Slightly push down with the back of a dessert spoon. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- Cut into small squares and serve with a nice cup of coffee. Store this fudge in an air-tight container in the fridge and it will keep for months.
This recipe was created by Chef - Michael Daly