A delicious dessert and a great way to use up your pears during the season.
- 3 firm pears
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 50g Butter
- About a 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 sheet Puff pastry
- 5 big dollops Quark
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Warmed Sweetree honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC
- Warm together the butter & sugar in an oven proof frying pan over a low heat until a paste is formed. Add the water and return to the heat, reduce mixture to honey like consistency then remove from the heat.
- Peel & slice the pears then lay them in to the skillet in a pin wheel pattern.
- Roll the pastry out to fit the pan and trim into a circle. Lie the pastry over the pears, tucking in the edges to form a lip around the fruit.
- Bake until golden brown. Turn out, cautiously, onto a plate so that the pears are facing up and the pastry has now formed a base. Slice and serve with a big dollop of quark that you’ve blended the cinnamon into and drizzle over the warm honey.
Recipe from Chef - Alison Worth