This is a quick and easy recipe to whip up when you have visitors popping over.
- 250g Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 free range eggs, at room temperature & beaten
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Juice & Zest 3 lemons/limes and/or oranges
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the drizzle – ¼ cup Sweetree honey, ½ cup citrus juice.
- Pre heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cream butter & sugar together, add eggs gradually until well combined.
- Add the juice & zest then fold in the flour & baking powder.
- Transfer to greased muffin tins and bake until golden brown and cooked – about 20 minutes.
- For the drizzle, warm all the ingredients in a pot until dissolved together. Pour over the hot cakes and allow to cool in the tins.
Recipe from Chef - Alison Worth