This recipe was created for Sweetree Honey by Matt Macaskill, a local chef who loves Sweetree honey.
- 120g butter
- 1⁄2 cup castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sweetree Hakarimata Honey
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- Cream butter, honey and sugar.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix together with oats.
- Roll into balls and press down on a tray lined with baking paper and bake at 180°C for 13-14 minutes or until golden.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by Matt Macaskill, Head Chef of Good Neighbour Brew Bar, Rototuna, Hamilton