This second blog in my 'waste pyramid' blogs is about reducing waste. If we can't avoid waste then we need to try and reduce it as much as possible.
I've already covered food waste in my previous blog so please check that out.
Other Things We Can Do To Reduce Waste:
- Borrow instead of buying
- Buy second hand instead of new
- Learn to repair or get someone else to repair things rather than throwing out, it's amazing what a new lease of life items get by doing this
- Wrap presents in fabric or use reusable paper gift bags
- Take your own reusable containers for takeaway food and drinks
- Take your own containers to the butcher for your meat
- Take reusable cloth bags everywhere you go
- Look into getting chickens, start a compost bin or/and worm farm to reduce food scrap wastage
- Do not buy drinks in plastic
- Avoid single use plastic
- Ditch plastic straws
- Have a 'no circulars' sign on your letterbox
- Plan your meals and use left overs for lunches or other meals
- Use the bulk bins or buy bulk through a food co-op
- Use cloth napkins instead of servettes
There is so much we could all be doing!