This is a delicious kumara salad and a must to try out!
- 4 large Kumara
- 2 small red onions peeled and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Oranges
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon
- 2 fennel bulbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tblspns of white vinegar
- 2 Tblspns orange juice
- 1 Tblspn Sweetree honey
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Zest of 1 orange
- Wash and scrub the kumara before cutting them into even size chunks. I like to use a variety of kumara for a range of colour.
- Place Kumara and onions into a roasting pan, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper before roasting for approximately 30 minutes at 180 degreeC.
- Zest one orange before peeling them and cutting into segments.
- Place the chopped bacon, orange and fennel into a roasting dish. Then combine all the dressing ingredients together.
- Drizzle half the dressing over the orange and fennel before roasting for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Finally combine the Kumara and onion with the orange, fennel and bacon.
- Mix through the remaining dressing and serve warm or at room temperature.
Created by Chef - Vicki Ravlich-Horan (Nourish Magazine)