A yummy kumara and mint salad that serves 8 people.
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5kg golden kumara, scrubbed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 spring onions, white and green parts sliced diagonally
- 1⁄3 cup coriander leaves
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 150g golden sultanas
- handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put the red onion in a bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside.
- Toss the kumara with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange on an oven tray in a single layer then roast for 20 minutes or until tender and crisp around the outsides. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Drain the onion and toss together with the spring onions and coriander.
- Put the spinach leaves on a platter then top with the kumara and onion mixture. Sprinkle with the sultanas.
- Put the mint, garlic, honey, mustard, curry powder, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk to combine then drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.
This recipe is thanks to Cuisine Magazine on stuff.co.nz