Beeswax Candle - Half Egg
This small half egg shaped candle is made from 100% pure NZ beeswax and the wick is pure cotton. It is approx 7cm high and 4.5cm wide with a minimum burn time of 9 hours.
Did you know that burning beeswax produces negative ions that circulate in the room and attract pollutants and clean your air? Many people report that burning a beeswax candle in your bedroom 30 minutes before falling asleep produces a more restful sleep.
Tips for Use and Storage of Beeswax Candles:
- To increase burning time beeswax needs aging by being stored for a while or put into the freezer.
- A white film may develop over time due to cold air crystallizing the beeswax oils, it’s called a ‘bloom’. It disappears when the wax is put into the sun for very short time. If it is a sunny but cold day then wait until the air gets warmer to use the heat of the sun rays or carefully warm with a hairdryer, fan heater, etc.
- If the flame starts flickering or smoking you should cut the wick shorter.
- Do not blow out a beeswax candle, rather dunk the wick with a bamboo skewer or tooth pick or a match & straighten it gently again (when cold shorten the wick if necessary).
- The burning hours have been tested by burning in one go. So if candle is used more than once it will add on burning time to each following use and so on!
- Store your candles in a warmish and very dust free area, the ideal place for storing beeswax candles is in the hot water cupboard.