Honey Wrap DIY Wax Blocks
Have you ever wanted to make your own beeswax food wraps but the thought of getting the ingredients together daunts you? Well, now you can make them easily! These blocks are the special Honeywrap mix of NZ beeswax, jojoba oil and tree resin and will create awesome tacky wraps!
Each block is around 120g, enough to make a set of 3 sizes, a small, medium and large. *It can be a bit of a messy process, the wax mix is very sticky and will not easily come off your tools or surfaces but that's what makes Honeywrap work so well. If you are not prepared for the wax to be with you for a while, we suggest buying some of our pre-made ones, professionally prepared for you.
There are a few ways to make your own wraps at home but here's one easy way to make your own:
- Turn on oven to 80° degrees. (Any higher will burn the wax and cause your smoke alarm to go off!)
- Put your pre-cut organic (way better for your food and the environment) fabric on a piece of baking sheet on top of an oven tray.
- Grate your block of wax with a grater and sprinkle evenly over the fabric, like you would a pizza - not too heavy-handed like cheese.
- Put in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the wax has melted.
- Pull out and use your brush to spread the melted wax to cover all areas as evenly as possible.
- Hang to dry and start using when cool
- Kiss goodbye to plastic!
You will need:
- pieces of organic cotton fabric cut to the desired sizes, using pinking shears to prevent fraying
- small paintbrush
- clothes pegs for hanging