Beeswax Candle - Eco Tealight
This tea light candle is made from 100% pure NZ beeswax and the wick is pure unbleached cotton. This candle has a small flame and should burn for around 4 - 5 hours.
Please ensure you read the instructions below before purchasing as they need special attention to work effectively.
Burning beeswax produces negative ions that circulate the room and attract pollutants - dust, odours, moulds, bacteria, viruses and toxins are captured and neutralised. Beeswax actually cleans your air! Many people report that burning a beeswax candle in the bedroom 30 minutes before falling asleep produces a more restful sleep. Instructions for Using Eco Tea Lights - please read before purchasing:
For best results and for the candle to burn effectively please use them with glass cups sitting on sand or a flame resistant surface. For every new candle eco tea light put a tablespoon of water at the bottom of the cup, beneath the actual candle. Best to clean the cup after every use, once wax completely hardened chip it off and wash with hot soapy water, if necessary.
Tips for Use and Storage of Beeswax Candles:
- To increase burning time beeswax needs aging by being stored for a while or put into the freezer.
- A white film may develop over time due to cold air crystallizing the beeswax oils, it’s called a ‘bloom’. It disappears when the wax is put into the sun for very short time. If it is a sunny but cold day then wait until the air gets warmer to use the heat of the sun rays or carefully warm with a hairdryer, fan heater, etc.
- If the flame starts flickering or smoking you should cut the wick shorter.
- Do not blow out a beeswax candle, rather dunk the wick with a bamboo skewer or tooth pick or a match & straighten it gently again (when cold shorten the wick if necessary).
- The burning hours have been tested by burning in one go. So if candle is used more than once it will add on burning time to each following use and so on!
- Store your candles in a warmish and very dust free area, the ideal place for storing beeswax candles is in the hot water cupboard.