Bee pollen is an incredible natural source of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Studies have shown that it has a nutritional composition that surpasses that of virtually any food eaten. Regular consumption of bee pollen aids your general health and well-being. Just some of the benefits reported of our Sweetree Bee Pollen are: Sustained energy, enhanced immunity, reduced stress, relief of inflammation, more rested sleep and better skin condition.
Bee pollen is often used by athletes to improve strength, endurance, energy and speed. It is said to help muscles recover more quickly from exercise and to increase mental stamina. Many great athletes have enjoyed its benefits and find it enhances their performance and decreases downtime due to illness.
Read more on bee pollen benefits!
How to Eat Sweetree Bee Pollen
Bee pollen is often thought of as a dietary supplement but is much more than that. It is one of nature’s best super foods. We recommend you start with a 1/4 teaspoon per day and work your way up to up to a dessertspoon per day (or more if you need it!). Bee pollen can be added to food, many of our customers sprinkle it on their cereal in the morning. Some add it to yoghurt, smoothies or ice-cream.
Try these ideas:
- Add bee pollen to a dish of ice cream and hot chocolate sauce
- Place bee pollen onto a piece of tin foil then take a peeled banana and roll it into the bee pollen and toasted coconut.
- Add a tablespoon of bee pollen to beef casseroles or beef stir-fries
- Add bee pollen to salsa, home-made salad dressing and sandwiches
- Can be sprinkled on your favourite cereal, fruit or yoghurt to provide a tasty and nutritious supplement to your diet
- You can also spread it on toast with honey.
- Mix bee pollen, chai seeds and cinnamon together with mashed banana and yoghurt (any flavour) and spread on raisin toast. Very yummy breakfast.
- If you are not that fussed on the flavour you can simply take it in a spoon and chase with water or juice.